Board Member Orientation
Board Member Orientation
- Board Members are responsible for their regular attendance at Board Meetings. The Board has 3 to 4 meetings annually. A Board Member may not miss more than two consecutive meetings without dispensation from the President in writing.
- Board Members are responsible for the adoption of the Annual Budget
- Board Members review and recommend acceptance of the Annual Auditor’s Report
- Board Members perform an annual review of Chapter Policies
- Board Members recommend the safe and effective investment of Chapter funds
- Board Members set the future direction of the Association
- July 1 – New Board Members and Officers take office. New fiscal year begins.
- September/October Time Frame – AAAE National Airports Conference (NAC) is held. A Special Call SEC- AAAE Board of Directors’ Meeting may be held at this meeting. This meeting should be attended by SEC- AAAE Board Members when a Special Call Board Meeting is held.
- January – AAAE Aviation Issues Conference
- January/February Time Frame – AAAE/SEC-AAAE Finance and Administration Conference. A SEC-AAAE Board of Directors’ Meeting is held during the course of this conference. The Annual Budget for the upcoming fiscal year is discussed and approved at this conference. This meeting should be attended by SEC-AAAE Board Members.
- Prior to February 1 – President appoints two Chapter members to serve on the Nominations Committee chaired by the Immediate Past President.
- March – Chapter Officers’ Meeting – Washington, DC
- April/May Time Frame – SEC-AAAE Annual Conference. A SEC-AAAE Board of Directors’ Meeting and a General Membership Meeting is held during the course of this conference. This meeting should be attended by SEC-AAAE Board Members.
- April/May/June Time Frame – AAAE Annual Conference and Exposition. A SEC-AAAE General Membership Meeting is held during the course of this conference. A Special Call SEC-AAAE Board of Directors’ Meeting may be held during the course of this conference. This meeting should be attended by Board Members when a Special Call Board of Directors’ Meeting is held.
|CURRENT OFFICERS||POSITION||INDUCTION DATE||TERM COMPLETION|
|Michael Reisman, AAE||Immediate Past President||July 1, 2019||June 30, 2020|
|Patrick Wilson, AAE||President||July 1, 2019||June 30, 2020|
|Terry Blue, AAE||President-Elect||July 1, 2019||June 30, 2020|
|Scott Van Moppes, AAE||Secretary/Treasurer||July 1, 2019||June 30, 2020|
|CURRENT DIRECTORS||POSITION||INDUCTION DATE||TERM COMPLETION|
|Perry Miller, AAE||Director At-Large||July 1, 2019||June 30, 2020|
|Travis Crilly, AAE||Director At-Large||July 1, 2019||June 30, 2021|
|Carol Gaddis||Director At-Large||July 1, 2019||June 30, 2022|
|Connie Gowder||Corporate Representative||July 1, 2018||June 30, 2022|
- The candidate should successfully Chair a SEC-AAAE Committee or Committees
- The candidate should serve on the SEC-AAAE Board of Directors
- The candidate should provide leadership on National AAAE Committees
- The candidate shall provide a letter from his or her employer stating the employer’s support for the candidate’s time and travel involved with service as a Chapter Officer
- The candidate should prove his or her leadership in civic or similar organizations
- The candidate should provide diversity including, but not limited to, airport size and type, position level, etc.
Aspiring to Become a Member of the AAAE National Board of Directors
- The candidate must be an A.A.E.
- The candidate must have completed his or her term as President of the Southeast Chapter-AAAE
- The Immediate Past President in good standing with the Chapter will be provided the first opportunity to serve in a vacant position on the National AAAE Board of Directors
The SEC-AAAE Budget is available here in PDF format.
Every year, nomination forms are to be sent out to the Chapter General Membership for the awards. It is important to note that the Awards Program is a benefit to be owned and enjoyed by ALL MEMBERS of the Chapter, regardless of membership characteristic, and was revised effective 2011 as a means by which Chapter members on an equal basis can support one another for efforts that positively affect the Southeast Chapter’s success and well-being. The complete awards procedures are available here in PDF format.
The history of board actions since 1983 is available here in PDF format.